Pregnancy: 2nd Trimester
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- How do you feel? Have you had any problems since your last visit?
- Have you had any vaginal bleeding or spotting?
- Have you had persistent vomiting?
- Have you had any pain or uterine cramping?
- Have you noticed swelling of your face or fingers?
- Have you had any problems with your vision?
- Are you getting frequent headaches?
- Have you had any vaginal discharge?
- Have you noticed fetal movement?
- Are you planning to breast-feed or bottle-feed?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Blood pressure, weight
- Abdominal exam including measurement of the height of your fundus (top of the uterus) and using a portable Doppler instrument or stethoscope to measure fetal heart sounds
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Consider repeat complete blood count
- Fetal ultrasound
- Glucose tolerance test
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Treatment:
- Rhogam (Rh-Immunoglobulin), if your blood type is Rh negative (see p. 920)