Pregnancy: 2nd Trimester
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- How do you feel? Have you had any problems since your last visit?
- Have you had any vaginal bleeding or spotting?
- Have you had persistent vomiting?
- Have you had any pain or uterine cramping?
- Have you noticed swelling of your face or fingers?
- Have you had any problems with your vision?
- Are you getting frequent headaches?
- Have you had any vaginal discharge?
- Have you noticed fetal movement?
- Are you planning to breast-feed or bottle-feed?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Blood pressure, weight
- Abdominal exam including measurement of the height of your fundus (top of the uterus) and using a portable Doppler instrument or stethoscope to measure fetal heart sounds
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Consider repeat complete blood count
- Fetal ultrasound
- Glucose tolerance test
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Treatment:
- Rhogam (Rh-Immunoglobulin), if your blood type is Rh negative (see p. 920)
As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.