Will exercising less vigorously fix my heart rhythm problem?

Published: March, 2012

Q. I'm a fit 61-year-old who had bypass surgery 15 years ago. Recently, I've been having rapid heartbeats (what my doctor calls supraventricular tachycardia) during or just after vigorous exercise. Should I tone down my exercise?

A. First, congratulations on your commitment to staying physically fit.

To continue reading this article, you must log in.
  • Research health conditions
  • Check your symptoms
  • Prepare for a doctor's visit or test
  • Find the best treatments and procedures for you
  • Explore options for better nutrition and exercise
Learn more about the many benefits and features of joining Harvard Health Online »