Skip to content
When You Visit Your Doctor - Multiple Sclerosis
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Do you have cloudy or double vision?
- Do you ever have eye pain or involuntary jumping of your vision?
- Do you have problems with clumsiness or poor coordination?
- Have you ever had numbness or tingling in your arms or legs? Tremors?
- Do you ever have hearing loss or vertigo?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating or problems with memory loss?
- Do you have any problems with bladder or bowel control?
- Do you have constipation?
- Do you have any family history of multiple sclerosis?
- Are you taking any medications?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Complete neurological exam focusing on reflexes, strength, gait, sensation, and vision
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Lumbar puncture for removal and analysis of cerebrospinal fluid
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)