Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Do you have cloudy or double vision?
- Do you ever have eye pain or involuntary jumping of your vision?
- Do you have problems with clumsiness or poor coordination?
- Have you ever had numbness or tingling in your arms or legs? Tremors?
- Do you ever have hearing loss or vertigo?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating or problems with memory loss?
- Do you have any problems with bladder or bowel control?
- Do you have constipation?
- Do you have any family history of multiple sclerosis?
- Are you taking any medications?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Complete neurological exam focusing on reflexes, strength, gait, sensation, and vision
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Lumbar puncture for removal and analysis of cerebrospinal fluid
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.