Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Have you had fevers, chills, fatigue, or weight loss?
- Have you had any recent infections?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have sinus congestion?
- Do you know when to seek medical attention for infections?
- Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth?
- Have you had nosebleeds or easy bruising?
- Do you get short of breath with minimal exertion?
- Are you lightheaded?
- Have you been unusually tired?
- Have you had abdominal pain or swelling?
- Have you noticed swollen lymph nodes?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Lymph nodes (neck, axilla, groin)
- Abdomen (for enlargement or tenderness of the liver or spleen)
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Complete blood count
- Routine blood chemistries
- Immunoglobulin levels
- Blood test for flow cytometry
- Bone marrow biopsy.
As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.