Skip to content
The Family Health Guide
When You Visit Your Doctor - Heart Block
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Have you been dizzy or lightheaded?
- Have you fainted?
- Have you been fatigued?
- Have you had chest pain?
- Do you get it with exertion or at rest?
- How frequently do you get it?
- How long does it last?
- What brings it on?
- What relieves it?
- Is this a change from your usual pattern?
- Do you get short of breath when you lie down or exert yourself?
- Do you awaken in the middle of the night short of breath?
- Do your ankles swell?
- Do you get rapid or pounding heartbeats for no reason?
- What medications are you taking (including over-the-counter medications, herbal remedies, and vitamins)?
- Do you have any other medical problems?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Heart rate, blood pressure, and weight
- Pulses in the wrist and feet
- Veins in the neck
- Heart and lungs
- Ankles and legs (for swelling)
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Holter monitor
- Electrophysiologic testing