Skip to content
When You Visit Your Doctor - Sarcoidosis
Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Have you had difficulty breathing? For how long? How far can you walk without feeling winded?
- Do you ever have chest pain or tightness? If yes, is it related to activity?
- Have you had a persistent cough? If yes, is your cough dry or do you produce sputum?
- Do you suffer from fatigue or malaise?
- Have you had any fevers?
- Have you recently lost weight? If so, how much?
- Do you have pain in your joints, bones, or muscles?
- Have you noticed any lumps in your neck, armpits, or groin?
- Have you noticed any rashes or changes in your skin?
- Have you had blurry vision or watery eyes?
- Have you ever had red or painful eyes or a past diagnosis of uveitis?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Have you had an abnormal chest x-ray in the past?
- Do you have a family history of sarcoidosis?
- Are you taking any medications?
- Have you ever been on steroids or any other treatment for you sarcoidosis?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Temperature, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, blood pressure, heart rate
- Heart and lung exam
- Joint exam
- Skin exam
- Lymph node exam
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Plain chest x-ray
- Chest CT scan
- Pulmonary function tests
- Bronchoscopy with lung biopsy
- Blood tests
- Formal eye exam