Recent Blog Articles
Easy ways to shop for healthful, cost-conscious foods
Prostate cancer in transgender women
Why eat lower on the seafood chain?
Can long COVID affect the gut?
When replenishing fluids, does milk beat water?
Safe, joyful movement for people of all weights
Slowing down racing thoughts
Are women turning to cannabis for menopause symptom relief?
3 ways to create community and counter loneliness
Helping children make friends: What parents can do
Harvard Health Blog
Prostate Cancer Screening
- By Harvard Prostate Knowledge
Should you screen?
- PSA — Old controversies, new results
- Video: Recent studies on PSA testing provide more evidence of little to no benefits
- Video: Prostate cancer screening not recommended in men over age 75
- Task force says no to PSA screening for older men
- When to test for prostate cancer: A conversation with the principal investigator of the ERSPC
Biomarkers and screening
- Moving beyond PSA screening: Biomarkers are helping doctors decide whether to perform a biopsy, determine the best treatment, and develop new targeted therapies
Your prostate exam
- Interactive guide: Understanding PSA
- Digital rectal exam
- PSA test
- Newer screening tests
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
To read summaries of the latest research on prostate cancer screening, visit Prostate news.
About the Author
As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review or update on all articles.
No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
Free Healthbeat Signup
Get the latest in health news delivered to your inbox!