Harvard Women's Health Watch

Ask the doctor: How can I protect against bone loss?

Bisphosphonate drugs are a good option for treating osteoporosis, but women should still be sure to do weight-bearing exercises and take calcium and vitamin D.
To continue reading this article, you must login.
  • Research health conditions
  • Check your symptoms
  • Prepare for a doctor's visit or test
  • Find the best treatments and procedures for you
  • Explore options for better nutrition and exercise
Learn more about the many benefits and features of joining Harvard Health Online »