Burning in the house: Carbon monoxide poisoning
An inexpensive alarm will give you some warning — and could save your life.
A 36-year-old Albanian singer who moved to New York City with her mother and 7-year-old daughter. A 41-year-old man renovating the building adjacent to his western Pennsylvania home. A married couple in their mid-60s living in Washington State. A 7-year-old girl from Plymouth, Mass.
To continue reading this article, you must log in.
Subscribe to Harvard Health Online for immediate access to health news and information from Harvard Medical School.
- Research health conditions
- Check your symptoms
- Prepare for a doctor's visit or test
- Find the best treatments and procedures for you
- Explore options for better nutrition and exercise
I'd like to receive access to Harvard Health Online for only $4.99 a month.Sign Me Up
Already a member? Login ».
As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review or update on all articles.
No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.