Core Exercises: 5 workouts to tighten your abs, strengthen your back, and improve balance
Core Exercises: 6 workouts to tighten your abs, strengthen your back, and improve balance
Strengthening your core is one of the best things you can do for your health as you age. Core exercises not only help to ease pain, they improve your balance and increase your flexibility, which can help you maintain your independence.
Core Exercises brings you six complete workouts — each with seven exercises — that you can do on your own with little or no equipment. Each workout is specially designed to help make doing everyday tasks, and playing sports like tennis and golf easier.
You’ll get over 100 tips for improving your core muscle strength, including:
- Why traditional sit-ups aren’t good for your core — they can even cause low-back pain
- A trick to getting the biggest bang for your health buck with core exercises
- 2 simple steps for six-pack abs
- How a strong core helps you move more easily and helps keep you steady on uneven ground
- Why you need a strong core if you sit at your desk all day
- And more.