Caregiver’s Handbook: A guide to caring for the ill, elderly, disabled ... and yourself
At a moment's notice, you could end up joining the millions of Americans who are filling the role of caregiver for a loved one. Although caregiving is the ultimate act of love and commitment, it can also cause undeniable strain.
In the Caregiver’s Handbook, the experts at Harvard Medical School show you how to meet the needs of the person you love — whether you take it on yourself, share the responsibilities with family, or hire professional help — and still take care of yourself.
You’ll discover how to:
- Discuss issues with family members, peacefully and productively
- Decide if you need an elder care attorney
- Cut costs to ease financial burdens
- Help inactive people become more independent
- Get long-term care without putting your loved one in a nursing home
- Find a doctor that can improve your loved one’s chances of living independently — and even increase their quality of life
- And so much more!
Plus, you get a Special Section, “Care for the caregiver,” that reveals:
- The secrets to balancing work and caregiving — and how your employer can help
- The right way to lift and move loved ones with mobility problems — without hurting your back
- How to say “no” so you don’t end up “doing it all”
- 3 great ways to de-stress and unwind
- How to get others to help out and lighten your load
Caregiver's Handbook will help you manage the physical, emotional, and financial challenges of caring for a loved one.
Everything you need to know about being a caregiver:
- Detailed “Needs Questionnaire” to help you create an individualized caregiving plan
- Encouraging quotes from other caregivers
- Expert legal advice — from wills, trusts, and durable power of attorney, to advance directives that cover health care
- How to organize finances and find services and benefits
- Tips for understanding Medicaid and Medicare
- Plus, a Special Bonus Section, “Care for the caregiver,” that helps you take on the role of caregiver while still doing the things you enjoy!
Don’t miss out! There are only a limited number of copies of the Caregiver Handbooks!