Harvard Men's Health Watch

On call: Statins and muscle damage

I'm a 57-year-old man with high blood pressure and diabetes. My doctor wants me to take Zocor. I'm willing to take the medicine if I really need it, but I've been warned about a side effect called rhabdomyolysis. What is that? Should I take Zocor?
To continue reading this article, you must login.
  • Research health conditions
  • Check your symptoms
  • Prepare for a doctor's visit or test
  • Find the best treatments and procedures for you
  • Explore options for better nutrition and exercise
Learn more about the many benefits and features of joining Harvard Health Online »