Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Is your vision blurry when driving or reading?
- Do you have problems with glare at night?
- When driving at night, do oncoming lights reduce your vision?
- Do you have a family history of cataracts?
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you taking any medications?
- Have you ever taken corticosteroid medicines?
- Do you protect your eyes from the sun with UV-blocking glasses?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- The inside of your eye, using an ophthalmoscope (see p. 417)
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Referral to an ophthalmologist (eye specialist) who will do
a complete eye exam with drops to dilate your pupils.