Questions to Discuss with Your Doctor:
- Do you have pain in the lower abdomen or groin area?
- Have you noticed a bulge in your lower abdomen or groin area?
- Does lifting heavy objects, coughing, sneezing, or straining increase the size of the bulge?
- Can you push the bulge back in?
- Do you suffer from constipation?
- Have you had bloody stools?
Your Doctor Might Examine the Following Body Structures or Functions:
- Careful abdominal exam
- Groin exam (including testicular and scrotal exam in men)
Your Doctor Might Order the Following Lab Tests or Studies:
- Stool sample
- Abdominal/Pelvic ultrasound