First you cry. And then you get busy--assembling your team, exploring your options, doing your research, and getting your family, home, and work ready for your new reality.
Read stories from women just like you who tell you how they did it. Read Dr. Silver's cutting-edge medical advice for your treatment and for your recovery. Survive and thrive with tips and emotional support about:
- Navigating through the diagnosis
- Building your healthcare team
- Assembling your emotional support team: family, friends, support groups, and more
- Practical tips and ways to stay positive during and after treatment
- Living in the cancer world and the real world at the same time
- Healing yourself physically and emotionally
- Feeling beautiful and enjoying life after cancer
Julie Silver, MD, is an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. She is an award-winning author and the Chief Editor of Books at Harvard Health Publications. She is also a breast cancer survivor.